“Baseball is the hurrah game of the republic! That’s beautiful: the hurrah game! well—it’s our game: that’s the chief fact in connection with it: America’s game: has the snap, go, fling, of the American atmosphere—belongs as much to our institutions, fits into them as significantly, as our constitutions, laws: is just as important in the sum total of our historic life.”
–Walt Whitman, 1888
League Mission Statement: To provide an immersive outlet in a historical setting to build a collaborative baseball history through the ages.
League Philosophy: This is an immersive writing league with a focus on lore, history, tradition, collaboration, legacy, and storylines. The spirit of this league is imaginative and player-friendly, but also highly traditional and competitive. This league expects high levels of consideration and respect from its GMs–both for the fellow players and the rules/bylaws of the league. Likewise, the league expects active participation from its members, both in running their teams and engaging the community. This is a collaborative effort to generate an alternate baseball history, one story at a time.
- GMs will be highly screened and vetted to ensure the proper fit for the dynamic of the league.
- The Board will ensure maximum creative freedom with in a concise and simple historical guideline.
- GM membership will be reviewed regularly to ensure members are contributing and engaged in the league.
- A particularly high level of professionalism and respect is expected from all members of the league.
- The Commissioner’s decision is final in all disputes.
- A Board, elected by the GMs and ratified by the Commissioner, will serve as the governing body for the League.